Are you tasked with rapidly growing a business?
I work hands on with leadership teams to bring an external and objective perspective to the incredibly hard task of business building. The businesses I consult with are typically entrepreneurial in nature, building technology-led, high growth businesses, through disruptive business models. I leverage 15 years of consulting experience, and spent over a decade of my career at Deloitte and HM Treasury.
I thrive on frenetic change. I have worked with hundreds of different businesses across sectors and lifecycle. I’m an expert-generalist able to leverage a skillset that covers strategy and operations, investment appraisal, business development and sales, project and programme management, governance and Board effectiveness, organisational design and culture, branding and marketing.
Recent Consulting engagements
Retained consultant to Centre for Fashion Enterprise incubator for the duration of their 3 year Fashion Technology Emerging Futures, a £4.8 million programme funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
- Deliver group workshops to startup and early-stage business on the business model canvas and business planning
- Work one-on-one with founders pursuing industry changing business models, adopting a coach-approach towards helping them identify and overcome business critical challenges (worked with 30+ businesses so far)
Closely involved for last 4 years with the London College of Fashion’s Executive MBA Consulting Project Unit, working with the Course Director to help structure the Unit, delivering training to students in consulting techniques and Supervising selected students through their consulting projects.
Recently completed eight month business restructuring project for a data science and marketing business employing 60 staff and generating £6.5 million annual turnover. Reported directly to the founders and Managing Director and became an interim member of the management team.
- Diagnostic review of the entire business with focus on operations, sales and business development, Account Planning and organisational design. Restructured these functions based on two way consultative process with management to ensure buy in
- Outputs included Client Service Excellence Handbook, including new Engagement Management Framework and Consultative Selling Framework, and a redesigned annual Account Planning process
- Trained Account Managers and Directors on implementation of new Account Planning process and facilitated half day workshops to train all members of client-facing team on new approach. Held additional workshops on Writing Effective Proposal writing and Running Effective Client workshops
- Coached and mentored Head of Consulting, helping her define the future of the consulting function
Full or half day coach-approach, facilitated Strategy Workshops.
Governance for startups and early-stage businesses training course – more details here.