Scaling Leadership: empowering new leaders to thrive in a complex world
The Scaling Leadership programme recognises the fundamental changes that are taking place and seeks to address them through the lens of leadership. Its objectives are simple: to promote transformational change and empower new and emerging leaders to thrive in a complex world.
Business and the world of work is changing rapidly. New business models are emerging at the expense of traditional ones. The way that businesses are built and talent is developed is shifting. Unfortunately, leadership is failing to keep up with the pace of change. A June 2018 joint report by Deloitte and MIT Sloan Management Review found that nearly 80 percent of early-stage companies and more than 50% of digitally maturing companies recognised that they needed new leaders if their organisation was to succeed in the digital age. Despite this, only 14% of respondents from early-stage companies and 64% of respondents from maturing companies said they are effectively developing new leaders.
Are you a scaling leader?
Do you already hold a leadership position? Do you have the potential, ability, and aspiration to hold a leadership position in the near future? This leadership programme is suitable for:
- CEOs, other C-Suite Executives, and managers identified as future leaders, in startup and high growth businesses (typically venture capital and private equity backed).
- Partner-track and newly promoted Partners in the venture capital and private equity industry.
- Emerging corporate leaders who have been identified as having the potential to grow into future senior positions.
- The journey to mastery never ends. The programme is also suitable for established senior corporate leaders seeking to adapt their leadership style to the digital age.
How does it work?
The programme follows a deliberately simple, academically rigorous, methodology. It is made up of five core components, delivered over a 3-6 months period and supported by one-on-one coaching. It can be delivered face-to-face, virtually, or in combination.
- Chemistry Session – initial discussion about your leadership ambitions and challenges, including a self-appraisal.
- 360 Feedback – because other people see us more objectively than we see ourselves, this exercise shifts the spotlight on how you see yourself, to how others see you.
- Personal Learning – a curated list of articles and podcasts designed to provoke your thinking and open the range of leadership possibilities that exist for you.
- Development Plan – based on all inputs and discoveries, you co-create a personalised, actionable Development Plan.
- Leadership Principles – you will finish the programme with a set of personally developed, evidenced-based Principles against which to lead.
Th programme can also be delivered to leadership teams as part of a broader leadership development programme. That includes supporting workshops to help your leadership team explore together such issues as leadership values, challenges and alignment with strategy and a multi-day Leader as Coach course, co-delivered with trusted coaching partners
For more information and a copy of the Scaling Leadership programme brochure, containing the detailed delivery methodology, please email me.
Why should you work with Richard?
Richard gained over a decade of blue chip corporate experience at Deloitte Consulting and at Her Majesty’s Treasury. He has since spent a further six years working as a coach, consultant and mentor to Founders, CEOs and other C-Suite Executives in startup and high growth businesses, and investors in the venture capital and private equity industry.
He is fascinated by the way in which business models, organisational design and culture are changing. From corporates to startups, his contrasting experiences give him a unique perspective on what leaders in all types of organisations must do to thrive in a world of rapid and unpredictable change.
Richard’s approach is different from many traditional executive coaching and leadership development companies. He’s not just observing the fundamental shifts that are occurring from the sidelines. He is working hand in hand with the individuals and teams that are driving them. Because he interacts with entrepreneurs and investors every day, he understands how they think and is obsessed with what makes tick. Richard brings a genuinely fresh and highly progressive approach to the discipline of executive coaching and leadership development.