As a startup founder, you are often thrust into the spotlight of business building and leadership without any prior training or experience. You must build the business from the ground up, whilst maintaining the overall strategy and vision, recruiting and retaining the best talent, and ensuring there is enough cash in the bank. It’s an unenviable but potentially highly rewarding role.
How does founder coaching work?
As your executive coach, I will have your back on your transitional journey, through personal and business growth, from founder to well-rounded CEO. Objective and impartial, my role is not to tell you what to do; you have plenty of people around you doing that. Instead, I’ll help you to synthesise information in order to arrive at your own judgements and solutions. I’ll add the benefit of my own experience if I believe it will add value and we agree it is appropriate to do so.
Who have you coached?
- CEO of a seed-funded luxury mobile beauty app offering beauty and wellness treatments
- Chief Product Officer of a seed-funded cloud based accounting software business that helps businesses track and manage their carbon footprint
- Founders of the portfolio businesses of a London-based early-stage venture capital firm, who had received funding up to Series A
- Founder & CEO of a music technology startup that has recently secured seed-stage funding
- CEO of a London-based network of co-working spaces for high-growth businesses
- Centre for Fashion Enterprise – coached over 50 separate fashion and fashion technology business through early-stage growth, covering business models, business planning and raising investment
- Student Enterprise Team at London College of Fashion – designed and delivered a programme of coaching and mentoring support for the founders of four of the most promising businesses emerging from post-graduate studies
- International Fashion Showcase (in conjunction with the British Council, British Fashion Council & London College of Fashion) – coached founders of 4 businesses selected for the programme, representing India, Vietnam, Georgia and Italy
What do your clients say?
Working with Richard has positively influenced my business and my leadership skills, and the experience has been more than I ever could have imagined a coach could provide. I will absolutely continue to work with him in the future. I highly recommend him as an executive coach to any prospective clients.
Cindy Liberman, Founder & CEO, Lara Intimates
My sessions with Richard were very helpful and impactful for the company. Richard has a rare ability to coach individuals – and the sessions sometimes felt very personal – whilst always keeping the company best interest in mind. He truly helped me to embrace my role as a CEO.
Sebastien Francois, Founder & CEO, Induo
Want to work together?
Every coach has their own unique approach and it’s important that the relationship is right for both coach and client. For more about how I work, please see my Approach. Check out my Story for more about me.
Contact me to arrange and a no fee call or coffee. We will discuss what it is you want to get out of founder coaching and I’ll explain my approach in more detail. I’ll provide you with details of my rates and how sessions are structured.