Startup founders are often thrust into the spotlight of leadership without much prior training or experience. You must build the business from the ground up, whilst maintaining the overall strategy and vision, recruiting and retaining the best talent, and ensuring there is enough cash in the bank. It’s an unenviable task.
How does founder coaching work?
As your executive coach, I will ‘have your back’ on your transitional journey, through personal and business growth, to become a well-rounded CEO.
Objective and impartial, my role is not to tell you what to do; you have others around you to help you direct your business in that way. Instead, I will help you to synthesise information in order to arrive at your own judgements and solutions. I’ll add the benefit of my own experience if I believe it will add value and we agree it is appropriate to do so.
Recent founder coaching clients
- Centre for Fashion Enterprise – coaching some of the industry’s most promising talent develop through early-stage growth, including early to late seed-stage fashion technology businesses.
- Founder & CEO of a music technology startup that has recently secured seed-stage funding.
- Student Enterprise Team at London College of Fashion – designed and delivered a programme of coaching and mentoring support for the founders of four of the most promising businesses emerging from post-graduate studies.
- London-based venture capital firm – coached founders of their portfolio businesses who had received funding up to Series A stage.
- Executive coaching for investors in the venture capital and private equity industry, giving me a broad perspective on the challenges facing founders.
Our regular meetings with Richard have been invaluable over the past year. He is super friendly, knowledgable and takes a genuine interest in our company. We’ve discussed overall growth strategy for the business, organisational design and how to build, manage and lead a team. Richard’s approach is refreshing because rather than telling us what to do, he guides us to our own conclusions. We are excited to continue to work with him.
Molly Goddard, Founder & Creative Director at Molly Goddard
Want to work together?
Every coach has their own unique approach and it’s important that the relationship is right for both coach and client. For more about how I work, please see my Approach & Principles. Check out my story for more about me.
Contact me to arrange and 30 minute no fee call. We will discuss what it is you want to get out of career coaching and I’ll explain my approach in more detail. I’ll provide you with details of my rates and how sessions are structured, typically 6 sessions over 3-6 months.