I am a London-based executive coach who works with the next generation of leaders. My clients are entrepreneurs and ambitious executives in startup and high growth businesses, the investment industry, and emerging corporate leaders. Recognising that the future of work and approaches to leadership are changing, I bring a genuinely fresh and progressive approach to executive coaching and leadership development.
How does executive coaching work?
An executive coach is a trusted partner who provides a private space for you to share and discuss your innermost thoughts, challenges and concerns, and reflect upon them. Objective and unattached to the outcome, a coach facilitates a connected conversation in which you determine your own way forward.
As your executive coach, I’ll serve as your thinking partner and sounding board. I’ll help you explore own thinking and decision-making, provoke new insights and ideas, and commit to action steps that help you achieve your goals. Through the use of intelligent questioning, I’ll facilitate self-awareness and self-directed learning. I’ll help you identify and build upon your own knowledge and intrinsic motivation to get to your own outcomes. I won’t do all the hard work for you and I won’t tell you what to do.
Recent executive coaching clients
- Newly promoted Managing Director (S.E. Asia) of a private equity-backed marketing intelligence business – developed 30/60/90 day plan.
- CTO of a London-based Artificial Intelligence startup that has raised over £20 million at Series B – leadership style and presence.
- CEO of a car-purchasing platform in South Africa – leadership style and presence, and strategic direction.
- Partner of a London-based early-stage venture capital firm – developing leadership style and presence, and team culture.
- Partner of a US lower-mid-market private equity firm – leadership style and presence, approach to Board management, and driving strategic thinking in CEOs and leadership teams of portfolio companies.
- Senior Management Team at a data science and analytics business – coached and mentored through a transformational change programme.
- Centre for Fashion Enterprise – helping some of the industry’s most promising talent navigate sustainable growth, including the likes of Molly Goddard, winner of the prestigious British Fashion Council / Vogue Designer Fashion Fund award in 2018 and Fashion Trust Grant in 2019.
- International Fashion Showcase (in conjunction with the British Council, British Fashion Council & London College of Fashion) – coached founders of 4 businesses selected for the programme, representing India, Vietnam, Georgia and Italy.
My approach to executive coaching is embedded in my next generation leadership development programme, for individuals and executive team members in high growth businesses.
I also work with startup Founders, from solopreneurs building lifestyle businesses, through to new leaders in early-seed and Series A funded technology businesses. I offer Career coaching for ambitious young professionals early in their career, through to established executives balancing competing career and life priorities.
Nice things people say
Richard was instrumental in helping me shape my leadership role as well as the direction of the team during a pivotal time. His coaching approach was friendly and open but also challenging. He helped me to develop my leadership style and confidently develop a clear and practical vision for my team.
Yari Coello, former Head of Consulting
Thank you for all your guidance over the past months – it really has been extremely impactful to me! I’ve made some big changes to my approach to my new leadership role and I believe they will make a massive difference.
CEO, car-purchasing platform, South Africa
Our regular meetings with Richard have been invaluable over the past year. He is super friendly, knowledgable and takes a genuine interest in our company. We’ve discussed overall growth strategy for the business, organisational design and how to build, manage and lead a team. Richard’s approach is refreshing because rather than telling us what to do, he guides us to our own conclusions.
Molly Goddard, Founder & Creative Director
Want to work together?
Contact me to arrange a no fee call or face to face conversation. We will discuss what it is you want to get out of coaching and I’ll explain my approach in more detail. I’ll provide you with details of my rates and how sessions are structured.
Every coach has their own unique approach and it’s important that the relationship is right for both coach and client. For more about how I work, please see my Approach & Principles. Check out my story for more about me.