My name is Richard Hughes-Jones. I’m an Executive Coach who helps leaders navigate business & personal growth in a complex world. My clients are entrepreneurs and executives in disruptive, high-growth technology businesses and the investment industry.
Recognising that the future of work and leadership are changing, I bring a genuinely fresh and progressive approach to executive coaching and leadership development.
What services do you offer?
- 1:1 Executive coaching
- Leadership Team Coaching for executive and senior management teams of high growth technology businesses
- High Growth Leadership is a coach-approach, experiental training and leadership development programme for managers and leaders in high growth technology businesses transitioning into executive roles
- Founder coaching for startup entrepreneurs, up to and including Series A
- Women-specific leadership coaching
- Facilitated 360 degree feedback
Who do you coach?
- Senior leadership team coaching for a digital consulting and venture building firm
- Head of Marketing at Brompton Bikes
- Newly promoted Managing Director (S.E. Asia) of a private equity-backed marketing intelligence business
- CTO of a London-based Artificial Intelligence business that has raised £20+ million at Series B
- CEO of a Private Equity backed car-purchasing platform in South Africa
- Managing Partner of a London-based early-stage venture capital firm
- Partner of a US lower-mid-market private equity firm
- Senior Management Team at a data science business
- Investment Director at a leading UK Private Equity firm transitioning away from the industry to pursue their own life and business interests
What do your clients say?
Richard was instrumental in helping me shape my leadership role as well as the direction of the team during a pivotal time. His coaching approach was friendly and open but also challenging. He helped me to develop my leadership style and confidently develop a clear and practical vision for my team.
Yari Coello, former Head of Consulting, Data Science & Marketing Consultancy
Thank you for all your guidance over the past months – it really has been extremely impactful to me! I’ve made some big changes to my approach to my new leadership role and I believe they will make a massive difference.
CEO, Private Equity backed car purchasing platform, South Africa
Our regular meetings with Richard have been invaluable over the past year. He is super friendly, knowledgable and takes a genuine interest in our company. We’ve discussed overall growth strategy for the business, organisational design and how to build, manage and lead a team. Richard’s approach is refreshing because rather than telling us what to do, he guides us to our own conclusions.
Founder & Creative Director, Molly Goddard
I reached out to Richard to help me develop as a leader. He brought a lot of domain knowledge, as well as an independent perspective, which I also gained through 360 feedback he facilitated on my behalf. Richard built rapport and trust quickly, making me feel I could talk about anything and speak my mind. We explored a broad range of leadership issues and I left each session feeling mentally tired!
I recommend Richard to other leaders seeking executive level support on this tough but rewarding journey.
CTO, Series B investment-backed technology business
I found Richard extremely helpful to talk things through with informally and he offered many helpful insights in a non-judgemental way. He forwarded useful reading material and links to other publications that we were able to reference during our conversations.
Richard has a very approachable & open style (not always easy with remote work) and I have really benefited from his time, expertise and encouragement in helping me to think through complex situations with understanding, empathy & humour.
Angela Brooke, Head of Allied Health Professions (AHP), Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
(pro bono pandemic coaching, on behalf of WDI Consulting)