My name is Richard Hughes-Jones. I’m an Executive Coach who helps leaders navigate business & personal growth in a complex world. My clients are entrepreneurs and executives in high-growth businesses and the investment industry.
Recognising that the future of work and leadership are changing, I bring a genuinely fresh and progressive approach to executive coaching and leadership development.
- 1:1 leadership, business and career coaching
- Leadership Team Coaching for senior management and executive teams
- Women-specific leadership coaching
- Facilitated 360 degree feedback
- Founder coaching
Clients & Testimonials
- Senior leadership team coaching for a digital consulting and venture building firm
- Head of Marketing at Brompton Bikes
- Newly promoted Managing Director (S.E. Asia) of a private equity-backed marketing intelligence business
- CTO of a London-based Artificial Intelligence business that has raised £20+ million at Series B
- CEO of a Private Equity backed car-purchasing platform in South Africa
- Managing Partner of a London-based early-stage venture capital firm
- Partner of a US Mid-market private equity firm
- Senior Management Team at a data science business
- Investment Director at a leading UK Private Equity firm transitioning their career away from the industry to pursue their own life and business interests
Partner, Mid-market Private Equity firm, US
Working with Richard pushed me to think differently about the private equity industry, and consider what leadership role I could play in shaping it for the future. For an industry focused almost exclusively on transactions and financial returns, I realised that significant additional value comes from asking: “what can we do to serve our CEOs and the teams that we are invested in more effectively and how can we create the ‘space’ for them to grow?“
Richard is a knowledgeable, progressive and effective coach who will help you to hold up and look at your business and leadership challenges from a different and fresh perspective.
CEO, Private Equity backed car purchasing platform, South Africa
Thank you for all your guidance over the past months – it really has been extremely impactful to me! I’ve made some big changes to my approach to my new leadership role and I believe they will make a massive difference.
CTO, Series B investment-backed technology business
I reached out to Richard to help me develop as a leader. He brought a lot of domain knowledge, as well as an independent perspective, which I also gained through 360 feedback he facilitated on my behalf. Richard built rapport and trust quickly, making me feel I could talk about anything and speak my mind. We explored a broad range of leadership issues and I left each session feeling mentally tired!
I recommend Richard to other leaders seeking executive level support on this tough but rewarding journey.
Angela Brooke, Head of Allied Health Professions (AHP), Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
(pro bono pandemic coaching, on behalf of WDI Consulting)
I found Richard extremely helpful to talk things through with informally and he offered many helpful insights in a non-judgemental way. He forwarded useful reading material and links to other publications that we were able to reference during our conversations.
Richard has a very approachable & open style (not always easy with remote work) and I have really benefited from his time, expertise and encouragement in helping me to think through complex situations with understanding, empathy & humour.