I am a London-based Executive Coach who works with the businesses and leaders of the future. My clients are entrepreneurs and ambitious executives in startup and high growth businesses. Recognising that the future of work and leadership are changing, I bring a genuinely fresh and progressive approach to executive coaching and leadership development.
What is executive coaching & how does it work?
According to one of the founding fathers of coaching, Sir John Whitmore, coaching involves “unlocking people’s potential to maximise their own performance”. Coaching helps someone to learn rather than being directly taught. Objective and unattached to the outcome, a coach will not tell you what to do, rather the coachee “does acquire the facts, not from the coach, but from within themselves, stimulated by the coach”.
A coach provides you with a private space to share and reflect upon your innermost thoughts, helps you open up new ideas and perspectives, and determine your own way forward. Whilst this is the basis of the coach-approach, every coach is different. Check out my Approach to coaching and Contact me if you would like to explore working together.
What services do you offer?
- 1:1 Executive coaching
- Leadership team development and coaching
- 360 degree feedback
- Founder coaching for early-stage startup entrepreneurs, up to and including Series A.
- Consulting, workshop facilitation and training across leadership & management, strategy & operations, culture & communications, and governance
Who are your executive coaching clients?
- Senior leadership team coaching for a digital consulting and venture building firm.
- Newly promoted Managing Director (S.E. Asia) of a private equity-backed marketing intelligence business.
- CTO of a London-based Artificial Intelligence startup that has raised over £20 million at Series B.
- CEO of a Private Equity backed car-purchasing platform in South Africa.
- Partner of a London-based early-stage venture capital firm.
- Partner of a US lower-mid-market private equity firm.
- Senior Management Team at a data science business.
- Investment Director at a leading UK Private Equity firm transitioning away from the industry to pursue their own life and business interests.
- MBA educated individual from the wealth management industry seeking a new direction and more fulfilling career in the fashion industry.
What do your clients say?
Richard was instrumental in helping me shape my leadership role as well as the direction of the team during a pivotal time. His coaching approach was friendly and open but also challenging. He helped me to develop my leadership style and confidently develop a clear and practical vision for my team.
Yari Coello, former Head of Consulting, Data Science & Marketing Consultancy
Thank you for all your guidance over the past months – it really has been extremely impactful to me! I’ve made some big changes to my approach to my new leadership role and I believe they will make a massive difference.
CEO, Private Equity backed car purchasing platform, South Africa
Our regular meetings with Richard have been invaluable over the past year. He is super friendly, knowledgable and takes a genuine interest in our company. We’ve discussed overall growth strategy for the business, organisational design and how to build, manage and lead a team. Richard’s approach is refreshing because rather than telling us what to do, he guides us to our own conclusions.
Founder & Creative Director, Molly Goddard