The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as well as the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (“Data Protection Laws”) give you various rights regarding the way in which we store and use your personal information.
These are set out below in the section “What are your legal rights in relation to your personal information?” below.
You can also get further information about data protection and privacy laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s web site at: https://ico.org.uk/.
- when you converse in a coaching Chemistry Call,
- when you book and pay for a coaching session,
- when you request information from us or provide information to us,
- when you visit our website,
- when you sign up to our newsletter,
- when you agree to be included in our mailing lists to receive information and other marketing material, whether by email or other methods.
2. What information do we collect about you, and how?
2.1 Coaching Chemistry Calls
When we talk to discuss your coaching requirements, whether in person or by video conference, we will we collect personal information about you when taking notes.
The types of personal information we collect will depend on what you tell us, but may include details about your work and private life, professional and personal relationships, your health and your financial circumstances.
2.2 Booking and paying for a coaching session
When you book and pay for a coaching session, we collect various personal information which may include your name and contact details (such as your address, email address and telephone numbers), as well as information about your payment card or other payment method.
2.3 Participating in a coaching session
When you participate in a coaching session, whether in person or by video conference, we collect personal information about you in accordance with Section 2.1.
2.4 When you visit our website
When you visit our website we obtain personal information from your IP address and the operating system and web browser that you use. This enables us to compile statistical data on the use of our website which helps us to improve the user experience.
2.5 When you sign up for our newsletter, request information from us about our services, or provide us with information
In our dealings with you, whether in person, by telephone, letter or email, you may directly provide us with various types of personal information, including your name and contact details (such as your address, email address and telephone numbers).
2.6 When you agree to receive marketing information
If you agree to receive marketing information your personal information may be stored in our contact database.
If you no longer wish to receive any marketing emails from us you can unsubscribe at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” button on the email footer or by contacting email@example.com.
3. How do we use your personal information?
3.1 We will only use your personal information in compliance with Data Protection Laws.
Accordingly, we will therefore only process your personal information if:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you
- it is necessary in connection with a legal obligation
- you have given your consent (where necessary) to such use
- if we or a third party have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms
3.2 We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- if you book and pay for a coaching session and to process your payment,
- if you subscribe, to provide you with our newsletter,
- if you have opted in to receive marketing communications from us, to send you information about our services and other marketing material,
- if you have opted in to receive communications from us, to upload your contact details in a securely encrypted format to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. If this platform determines that you have an account with them then we will show you marketing material and other information that we think will be of interest to you. Note that if this social media platform does not recognise your contact details then your details are promptly deleted,
- to process and respond to your requests for information, or to enquiries or any complaints received from you.
4. For how long do we keep your personal information?
4.1 We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purposes of complying with any legal, accounting or insurance requirements.
If you wish to know more about our retention periods, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.2 On expiry of the applicable retention period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
5. How and why do we share your personal information?
5.1 We use third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf, and we will share your information (including personal information) with them.
Third parties which may have access to your personal information, and the purposes for which we may share your information, include:
|Third party service provider||Website||Purpose for which we share your information|
|Zoom Video Communications, Inc.||https://zoom.us/||Providing listening services by video conference|
|Calendly||https://calendly.com||Scheduling coaching sessions|
|PandaDoc||https://www.pandadoc.com||Generating and managing engagement letters for coaching services|
|Xero||https://www.xero.com||Managing and processing payments for coaching services|
|Google Docs||https://docs.google.com/||Managing coaching sessions notes and client documentation|
|Mailchimp||www.mailchimp.com||Newsletter sign ups and distribution|
|Poptin||www.poptin.com||Newsletter sign ups and other promotions|
5.2 Some of your personal information may be stored in a private cloud and managed by a third party service provider.
5.3 In addition we may share your personal information with third parties where:
- you have consented to us doing so (where necessary),
- it is necessary for the purpose of, or in connection with, legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights,
- it is appropriate to disclose the information to parties with whom we have promotional arrangements (such as jointly hosted events).
5.4 Some of our suppliers and service providers may store or otherwise process personal information outside the UK or the European Economic Area.
Where this is the case, we will ensure that your personal information will only be transferred either to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection, or to a third party where there is a legal transfer mechanism in place to protect your personal information, for example where the supplier or service provider has entered into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
6. How do we keep your personal information secure?
6.1 We use up to date data storage and security to hold your personal information securely in electronic and physical form to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
Our electronic databases require logins and password authentication. Password managers are also used.
6.2 All our directors, employees and third party service providers who have access to confidential information (including personal information) are subject to confidentiality obligations.
6.3 However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we take appropriate and proportionate steps to manage the risks posed, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our online services.
7. Third party sites
7.1 Our website may contain links to other sites which are controlled by third parties. You should review these other sites’ privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility for their use of your personal information.
8. What are your legal rights in relation to your personal information?
8.1 You have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information.
- You have the right to be told what personal information we hold about you on our database and how we process that data.
- You have the right to request that we provide you with a copy (in a commonly used electronic format) of all the personal information that we hold about you. Unless you make repeated requests, we will not charge a fee for providing you with a copy of this data.
- You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we hold about you.
- You have the right to request that we irretrievably delete all personal information that we hold about you (the so-called “right to be forgotten”). Note that there are limited circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse to comply with this request.
- You have the right to request that we transmit all the personal information that we hold about you (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form) to another organisation’s IT environment. Note that we are only legally obliged to comply with this request if it is technically feasible for us to do so.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
For more information, please contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
8.2 If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out in Section 8.1 you can do so by sending us an email at email@example.com.
10. Further specifications: Cookies, Newsletter & Website
- These functional and required cookies are always used, which allow WordPress, our hosting platform, to securely serve this website to you.
- These analytics and performance cookies are used on this site only when you agree to the cookie banner. We use analytics cookies to view site traffic, activity, and other data.
Email addresses and any other personally identifiable information collected in the provision of the newsletter are only used to provide and improve the newsletter, and to prevent abuse. No personal information is exchanged with any third party, except as needed with the software platforms that are used to provide it, as follows:
- Subscribing to the newsletter is double-opt-in, and email addresses that do not pass the opt-in are discarded. See Mailchimp on double-opt-in.
- The newsletter has an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every issue. You can ask to be deleted entirely on Mailchimp’s data request page.
- From time to time, the newsletter may be sponsored by third parties. Sponsors do not receive any individual user information.
This website may use web font files from Adobe. To properly display this site to you, servers where the font files are stored may receive personal information about you, including:
- Information about your browser, network, or device
- Your IP address
Some pages on this website contain embedded content from third parties (for example, YouTube videos). This website does not share any user data with those parties. You should refer to those sites for their privacy policies.
This website is hosted by WordPress. WordPress collects personal data when you visit this website, including:
- Information about your browser, network and device
- Links you clicked on to come to this website
- Your IP address