As a startup founder, you are often thrust into the spotlight of business building and leadership without any prior training or experience. You must build the business from the ground up, whilst maintaining the overall strategy and vision, recruiting and retaining the best talent, and ensuring there is enough cash in the bank. It’s an unenviable but potentially highly rewarding role.
As your executive coach, I’ll have your back on your transitional journey, through business and personal growth, from founder to well-rounded CEO. My role is not to tell you what to do; you have plenty of people around you doing that. Instead, I’ll help you to synthesise information in order to arrive at your own judgements and solutions. I’ll add the benefit of my own experience if I believe it will add value and it’s appropriate to do so.
Learn more about my Approach and Contact me to explore working together. We’ ll discuss what it is you want to get out of founder coaching and I’ll explain more about my approach, plus details of rates (which vary according to your business’s stage).
Founder & Creative Director, Molly Goddard
Our regular meetings with Richard have been invaluable over the past year. He is super friendly, knowledgable and takes a genuine interest in our company. We’ve discussed overall growth strategy for the business, organisational design and how to build, manage and lead a team. Richard’s approach is refreshing because rather than telling us what to do, he guides us to our own conclusions.
Stefan Manku, Founder, Talk to Stefan / Dietary Menu
As a solo founder, working with Richard has been vital to gaining clarity on what I’ve done, where I’m going and how I’ll get there. Instead of getting wrapped up in my own thoughts and worries, I’m able to talk them through with him.
I know enough people within the industries I’m in to get specific advice and knowledge—but there aren’t people who help me process all of my options and help me to move forward. That’s what Richard does incredibly well—he listens, reflects, asks questions and helps me formulate a plan, with suggestions where relevant. I’d highly recommend you work with him.
Cindy Liberman, Founder & CEO, Lara Intimates
Working with Richard has positively influenced my business and my leadership skills, and the experience has been more than I ever could have imagined a coach could provide. I will absolutely continue to work with him in the future. I highly recommend him as an executive coach to any prospective clients.
Sebastien Francois, Founder & CEO, Induo
My sessions with Richard were very helpful and impactful for the company. Richard has a rare ability to coach individuals – and the sessions sometimes felt very personal – whilst always keeping the company best interest in mind. He truly helped me to embrace my role as a CEO.
Who else have you coached?
- CEO of a seed-funded (£1m raised) luxury mobile beauty app offering beauty and wellness treatments
- Chief Product Officer of a seed-funded ($4m raised) cloud based accounting software business that helps businesses track and manage their carbon footprint
- Founders of the portfolio businesses of a London-based early-stage venture capital firm, who had received funding up to Series A
- Founder & CEO of a music technology startup that has recently secured seed-stage funding
- Centre for Fashion Enterprise – coached over 50 separate fashion and fashtech business through early-stage growth, covering business models, business planning and raising investment
- Student Enterprise Team at London College of Fashion – designed and delivered a programme of coaching and mentoring support for the founders of four of the most promising businesses emerging from post-graduate studies
- International Fashion Showcase (in conjunction with the British Council, British Fashion Council & London College of Fashion) – coached founders of 4 businesses selected for the programme, representing India, Vietnam, Georgia and Italy